Looking to purchase a Christmas gift for an RVing friend or family member? Giving gifts to an RVer can be a tricky endeavor, especially a gift for a seasoned RVer that has been enjoying the lifestyle for years.
Keep these two things in mind when considering a gift for a RVer.
1) If they really need it, they probably already have it, so best to ask their spouse if they possess the item you are considering
2) Space in RVs is limited, so think small or consumable like a gift card / land pass
Here are some great ideas that fit in the second category - RVers that enjoy public land are going to need a valid pass allowing them to recreate.
Here are some to consider for RVers that call Washington State their home...
1. America The Beautiful Pass allows the pass holder access to National Parks, National Monuments, fee access sites managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), developed United States Forest Service sites and more. Note: In most cases the pass does not cover campground fees. For those under 62 years of age, the pass expires every year. Once the pass holder reaches 62 they can purchase a lifetime pass.
2. Northwest Forest Service Pass allows the pass holder access to trailheads, boat launches and other developed recreation sites located in national forests throughout the Pacific Northwest. Note: America The Beautiful Pass works in place of a NW Forest Service Pass, so they don’t need both. Passes are good for 12 consecutive months.
3. Discover Pass provides access to state owned lands in Washington State which includes lands managed by Washington State Parks, Washington Department of Natural Resources and Washington Department of Fish & Game. Passes are good for 12 consecutive months.
Memberships to various clubs or groups can be a great value to your RVing friends, some to consider...
4. Emergency Roadside Towing can provide peace of mind to your RVing friends when they travel. Be sure to get them a policy that is RV friendly and includes towing for their travel trailer or dinghy too. Good Sam and AAA are a couple of companies worth considering.
5. Boondockers Welcome Membership: Members can dry camp with their RV for a night or two for free as a guest on a host member's property that's on the way to their destination.
6. Passport America Membership: Members save 50% at over 1,800 quality campgrounds in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
7. Harvest Hosts: Offers a network of wineries, farms and agri-tourism sites that invite self-contained RVers to visit and stay overnight for free!
8. Overnightrvparking.com: If your friends travel long days and sometimes just need a safe place to pull off for the night consider getting them a membership. A membership allows your friends to search the web's largest database of free RV parking locations in the US and Canada. Their database contains 13,317 RV Parking and No Parking locations in the USA and Canada which can be searched via their mobile device! Searches can be conducted for current location, city and state, province or zip code.
9. Gift Cards: A gift card to a fuel station is guaranteed to be something that every RVer will use, either for fuel for the RV or propane for the LPG tank. Consider a card to a company that caters to RVers like Flying J / Pilot where they will not only find fuel and propane, but likely a dump station too!
If you really feel the need to give an object, here a few ideas of small items that are likely to be appreciated...
10. Roll of Quarters: - Really! RVers need to do laundry and regardless whether it is at a RV park or laundromat, the quarter is the universal coin to get their clothes clean. Your RVing friends will think of you each time they put on a clean pair of socks!
11. 12-Volt LED Replacement Bulbs: Regardless whether your RVing friends dry camp often or just need brighter lights in their RV, LED lights are the way to go as they consume less battery power and emit considerably more light than standard incandescent bulbs.
12. Pet Rescue Sign: If your friends RV with their pet(s) consider giving them a pet rescue sign which will alert rescuers to their pets presence within the RV if something were to go wrong when they are away.
Wishing all our readers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!